The PADI Divemaster course at Scallywag divers isn’t just a course but an unforgettable experience in a destination that can only be called a paradise… The Gili Islands. Let Scallywag Divers take you through your first level of professional diving and by the end of it give you a qualification to be able to work in many different parts of the world. You will become part of the Scallywag Divers family and have the opportunity to meet people from all over the world.
Prerequisites – Rescue certified and with 40 logged dives to enrol in this program.
Not there yet? No problem, we teach all courses right from the complete beginner.
Whats it cover?
Our PADI Divemaster internship covers all theory needed to be a dive professional plus the knowledge, skills and basic understanding on how a dive operation is run. Below is just some of the things you will learn:
• The science behind diving.
• How to guide underwater tours + group control.
• How to organise dive trips, the logistics involved with the responsibility as a dive leader.
• How to assist with students and certified divers.
• Learn the environmental conditions affecting diving.
• Equipment used in Scuba Diving, the basics and beyond.
At the end of the PADI Divemaster course you will be qualified to coordinate all diving logistics, guide certified divers on underwater tours and assist in the training of new divers.
How long does it take?
This course is run over a period of 1-2 months depending on experience. We dive twice a day so getting your 60 logged dives thats needed will take no time at all. At any one time, the most Divemaster trainees we take on is 4. This means you will have a different instructor to work with on courses each week and not have to wait for courses to be staffed.
• Accommodation within Scallywags Resort available at a special Divemaster-Only Rate. The Divers Rooms include hot water, A/C, satellite TV, and free wifi. (Maximum 2 months & subject to availability*)
• Unlimited diving needed to complete your course.
• Your own set of PADI professional materials needed to learn the theory.
• Experience of deep and night diving plus 60 logged dives to certify as a Divemaster upon completion of the course.